The HP Envy 5660 is an all-in-one printer that has since been discontinued by HP. It has a newer model called the HP Envy Photo 7155 All in One Photo Printer with Wireless Printing, Instant Ink Ready (K7G93A).
This printer was mainly targeting consumers that wanted a printer to use primarily at home. It does not have the necessary features to meet office work standards.
On Amazon, this HP Envy 5660 is currently being sold at $274.99. We will learn all about it in this HP Envy 5660 review.
- Dimensions (inches) – 17.87 x 16.14 x 6.34
- Weight – 15.04 lb
- Processor speed – 525 MHz
- Power – Input voltage 100 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 3 Hz)
- Display – 2.65″ (6.75 cm), Touchscreen CGD (color graphics)
- Print speed, color (ISO, laser comparable) – Up to 9 ppm
- Print speed, black (draft) – Up to 22 ppm
- Memory – 128 MB DDR3 Memory
- Scan resolution – Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Copy Speed (cpm) – Black (ISO): Up to 11 cpm; Color (ISO): Up to 5 cpm
- Copy resolution (black) – 300 x 300 dpi
- Copy resolution (colour) – 600 x 600 dpi
- Wireless networking – 802.11b/g/n
- Paper tray capacity – 125 sheets, 15 sheets photo, 25 sheets
- Automatic Duplex Printing
Unlike most all-in-one printers, the HP Envy 5660 printer lacks the faxing function and the automatic document feeder. This is because it was made to only be used for the basic needs of a home or in a small home office.
The printer makes it possible for one to do mobile printing. You can easily print material directly from a memory card, USB memory keys and also from a PictBridge camera.
It has a 2.65 inch LCD screen which you can use to preview images in your mobile input before printing them.
A HP Envy 5660 printer is limited to only do copying, scanning and printing. When it is connected to the internet directly, you can access printing apps through the LCD screen then print documents from any online website.
The document printing paper sheet tray and the photo printing paper sheet tray are completely separate in the hp envy 5660 printer. This means that you do not have to waste out switching the two each time you want to print something different. It is a great time saver.
Scanning on this printer, however, can be pretty frustrating. This is because you will have to put one paper after another on the scanning flatbed until you are done scanning. This feature is very limited.
Even though the HP Envy printer 5660 has the duplex printing technology that gives it an added advantage, it still cannot handle more than lightweight printing duties. This is because its sheet input tray can only hold 125 sheets of paper. This can’t really do much in an office.
The hp envy printer 5660 is not heavy. Its light weight allows it to be easily moved from one point to another by a single person. This is really good for a home since people are always rearranging.
Setting it up after buying it is not complicated at all. It is as basic as any other inkjet printer. However, there is one difference. With most of the other printers, you are required to check with them for an update so you can automatically download it but with the 5660 HP printer, it comes with a note giving you a URL that you can use to manually download your updates.
The 5660 Envy printer is a home use printer for a reason. Its output quality is not very good. In fact, you are advised to not use small fonts at all. The text is not clear enough and the graphics appear unusually flushed.
It has an instant ink replacement service from HP which enables you to save up to 50% of your money. It has input technology that reads your ink levels and when you are almost out, the printer orders it for you and it is delivered to you. This service, however, is not automatic; you have to subscribe to it.
What is Bad about it?
- It does not work quietly.
- It can only be used at home.
- It has poor output quality.
What is Good about it?
- It is affordable
- It is lightweight
- It has duplex printing.
What is My Opinion?
The HP Envy 5660 e-all-in-one printer is a good machine to use only at home from this hp envy 5660 review so for those who want office printers, they might want to buy the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 All-in-One Printer
If all you want is a printer for non-professional home printing, then buy the HP Envy 5660 e-all-in-one printer.
- Easily connect this e-all-in-one to your local network and the...
- Print high-quality documents and photos in black-and-white and...
- Functions: Print, Scan, Copy, Web, Photo, Connectivity: Wireless...
- Memory card compatibility: Secure Digital, Memory standard: 128...
- This HP Printer is compatible with Windows 10 (printer driver...
Last update on 2022-05-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
However, if you want to double up for home office printing, then you better buy the Brother MFC-J6935DW.