The Janome Memory Craft 14000 is a great machine that does both embroidery and sewing. It may have a few different features from the craft 15000, however, this Janome Memory Craft 14000 is pretty much the same machine as the Janome Memory Craft 15000.
People are always in the mood to try out a new hobby or start an activity to take on during their free time and sewing is one of the most common pastime activities. With a good machine, an enthusiast can make the best pieces and expand their creativity.
On Amazon, the Janome Memory Craft 14000 is being sold at $6499 which is quite pricey. Let’s find out if this sewing and embroidery machine is really worth so much money in this Janome Memory Craft 14000 review.
- Machine Size – W624 x H320 x D262mm
- Weight – 15.8Kg Machine only
- Free Arm Length – 10″ or 254mm much longer than a standard machine
- Work Space – 280mm or 11 inches
- Sewing Speed – up to 1060 stitches per minute in Normal Sew
- Machine Screen – High definition bright backlit LCD color touch screen with 16 Million colors
- Built-in Stitches – 400
- Stitch Width – 9mm
- Buttonholes – 13
- Needle Positions – 91
- Embossed Measures – 15” in the sewing bed with embossed measurements
- Embroidery Speed – up to 1000 stitches per minute
- Built-in Embroidery Designs – 350
- Maximum Embroidery Area – 230x300mm
- Max. Stitches per Design – 200000
- Built-in Embroidery Fonts – 12
- Standard Embroidery Hoops – 4
- Standard Sewing Feet – 22
- Built-in Memory – 4MB
- 10 white LED lights including retractable high light™
- 2 USB ports, 1 PC port
The Janome Memory Craft 14000 is a combination of an embroidery machine and a sewing machine all in one. This is very advantageous for users as they can get more creative and efficient while saving space and money all at the same time.
It is very easy to control and customize your Memory Craft 14000. The machine has a touch screen display which enables users to access all the settings of the machine and change whatever they want to their preferences.
Doing embroidery on this machine is very exciting. You have a large workspace to make your designs. The machine also offers the user 350 different in-built designs to choose from. If not that, the user can look for designs online and upload them to the machine via the USB port.
Trying to thread your needle can be a very daunting task. It can waste a lot of your time and still end up not happening. However, when you use this Janome 14000, this is not your problem. The machine has an automatic needle threader feature which enables you to thread your needle through the touch of a button.
Sewing can take a lot of time especially if you are working on complicated designs or you have a lot of things that you need to sew. When you use this 14000 Memory Craft, you can cut that time by half. At 1000 stitches per minute, you can get a lot done in a short time.
This Janome Horizon Memory Craft 14000 is unfortunately not something you want to keep moving around. At 15 Kgs, it needs a strong person to move it from one position to another. It also occupies a lot of space and therefore may make your working room seem a little squeezed.
The joy of sewing is being able to sew anytime you want. This, therefore, means that your machine should provide alternative lighting in case there is insufficient lighting. This Janome embroidery machine has 10 white LED lights which provide sufficient light for you to work even if you find yourself in absolute darkness.
For those who love quilting, the AcuFeed System comes in handy. This feature allows your fabric to smoothly feed into your machine. It also comes complimented with various precision stitches. You will also have an automatic height adjuster that you can control to your preference. You can also make stitches 9mm wide.
When it comes to stitching, you want to be able to stitch on any type of fabric. This machine gives you a variety of fabric choices to work with as it can stitch on almost all of them and still give you fine and strong patterns for your designs.
For anyone who is new to embroidery and sewing, the machine offers tutorials on all functions involved.
Janome Memory Craft 15000 vs 14000
It is common to find users asking themselves whether to buy the Janome 14000 or 15000. The two machines have a lot in common. Here is a Janome 14000 vs 15000 comparison.
- The 15000 has 480 built-in embroidery designs while the 14000 has 350
- The 14000 has 4 embroidery hoops while the 15000 has 5
- The 15000 has a larger embroidery area
- Both have an automatic needle threader
- Both have 13 button holes
- Their workspaces are of the same size.
Janome MC 12000 vs Janome 14000
This MC 12000 is another embroidery and sewing machine that is a great threat to the Janome 14000.
- The 12000 has 425 built-in stitches while the 14000 has 400
- The 14000 has 350 built-in embroidery designs while the 12000 has 338
- The 12000 has a higher sewing speed.
- They have an equal number of needle positions.
- The stitch width is the same in both machines.
- They have the same number of buttonholes
Janome 12000 vs 14000 vs 15000
These three machines have always been in competition. From their features and functions to everything that makes them unique from one another. Here is a quick comparison:
Janome 14000 vs 9400
The Janome 9400 is the cheapest of these machines and has quite a few kicks of its own.
- The 9400 has 350 built-in stitches while the 14000 has 400
- The 14000 has 10 white LED lamps while the 9400 has 9
- The 9400 has 11 button holes while the 14000 has 13
- They have the same maximum stitch width
- Have equal needle positions
- The workspace to the right of the needle is equal for both of them.
What is Good about the Janome Memory Craft 14000?
- It is fast
- Has a variety of stitch options
- Has an automatic needle threader
- Has numerous designs to choose from
- Provides real-time PC connection
What is Bad about it?
- It is expensive
- Has no wireless connection
- It is heavy
What is my Opinion?
This Janome embroidery machine is a great option for every sewing enthusiast, both beginners, and experts. All Janome MC 14000 specs show that the machine can work well and is very dependable.
Most Janome Memory Craft 14000 reviews I have come across show very happy and satisfied customers. The few issues highlighted are nothing major enough to be a deal breaker.
I would therefore definitely recommend buying this sewing machine, it will deliver exactly what you pay for.